The RDS-80 Surface Contamination Meter is a versatile contamination detector which has been designed for a wide range of applications in different fields of radiation protection in nuclear industry, rescue and other operations, involving a possibility for abnormal contamination levels.
The Digital, Hand Held Pulse Rate Meter is suitable for personnel who need to locate and detect contaminated surfaces/ objects during their work.
The functions comprise contamination measurements with alarm functions and automatic conversion to surface activity value and additionally surface contamination measurement with a possibility to store the histogram events in the meter´s internal memory.
- Radiation Detected: Alpha >2 MeV, beta Emax >100 keV, gamma and x-rays from 5 keV to 3 MeV
- Detector: End window GM tube, 1.5-2 mg/cm2
- MICA Window: Active surface area 15.2 cm2
- Measurement Range: Surface contamination 1 to 100 000 cps or 0.01 to 1 000 000 Bq/cm2
- Alarm levels: Freely adjustable alarm levels for contamination level
- Cps linearity: ±15% ±1 digit over the range. The Bq/cm2 display is calculated from cps values using isotope dependent coefficients
- Display: Either cps or Bq/cm2
- Surface Activity: (Bq/cm2) display configurable for different isotopes
- Cps Rate: Follow-up by audible signal with frequency proportional to activity
- Visual and Audible Alarm: User settable for surface activity
- Histogram Capability: Up to 480 points with user settable logging interval
- Backlit Display: Six large digits
- Built-in Self-diagnostics Function
- Gamma Background: Reduction for Bq/cm2 measurements
- Built-in Infrared port (IrDA)
- Dimensions: 3" x 5" x 2.25"
- Weight: .8lb with batteries
- Case: Rugged plastic case
- GM Tube: 1.74" dia (4.4 cm)
- Power Supply: 2 alkaline batteries IEC LR6/AA size (recommended)
- Battery Life Time: At least 2000 hours at normal background with alkaline cells (more than 1 year under normal operation)
- Battery Alarm: Two-step alarm for low battery voltage
- Wide measurement range: up to 100 000 cps or 1 000 000 Bq/cm2
- Standard surface contamination measurements in cps or Bq/cm2
- Contamination measurements with histogram function
- Visual and audible alarms
- Handy and easy-to-use design